Minds Nebula Ltd. collects information on:
- visitors to our websites
- clients who use our services
- job applicants, current and former employees
- the customers who use our clients services
Unless you voluntarily submit your information to us by completing enquiry form or using our services, we will be unable to personally identify you. The personal data we collect includes:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Other data that could directly or indirectly identify you
Visitors to our websites
Third party services such as Google Analytics (opt out here) are used to collect standard internet log information and compile reports using details of visitor behaviour to improve our website. We also utilize WordPress.com which is run by Automattic Inc to publish our website who could also collect anonymous information about our site visitors. These third parties collect information to inform our research and marketing decisions such as:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
By using this website you agree for cookies to be placed on your computers hard drive, a small file allowing web applications to respond to you as an individual. Cookies are used to tailor web operations to your needs, analysis, marketing and remarketing purposes. For example we would tailor operations to your needs, respond to you as an individual, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences
You can choose to accept or decline cookies and the best way to prevent www.mindsnebula.com using cookies is to simply not access it. Learn more about the EU cookie law HERE
Security and performance
Security services processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Minds Nebula website and these third party services maintain security and performance of our website.
People who contact us
When you contact us you have a responsibility to ensure that contact is received by us and within the bounds of the law. We collect details such as your name, number and request other identifiable information to:
- improve our efficiency and effectiveness and to respond to your enquiry.
- analysed for security and compliance and/or monitoring and blocking using third-party software.
- inbound calls are not recorded and emails are retained for future responses.
People who make a complaint to us
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint. We use this information to
- process the complaint and to evaluate the level of service we provide
- reserve the right to publish statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone
- usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about
If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, handling complaints on an anonymous basis will hinder ability to find a resolution. All complaints are filed and retained for up to 2 years and will be given to relevant parties on a ‘need to know’ basis.
When we take enforcement action against someone, we may publish the identity of the defendant in our Annual Report or elsewhere. Usually we do not identify any complainants unless the details have already been made public.
People who use Minds Nebula’s services
Minds Nebula Ltd. offers various services and hold the details of the people who have requested services in order to provide them.
We consider use of third parties to deal with some publication requests but they are only allowed to use the information to send out the publications. For example, we might use information about people who have requested a services to carry out a survey to learn more about the level of service they received.
Job applicants, current and former Minds Nebula employees
When individuals apply to work at Minds Nebula, we will use the information supplied to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party (i.e. references, obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau) we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
- Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted
- We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with Minds Nebula Ltd. we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Minds Nebula Ltd. has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Access to personal information
Minds Nebula Ltd. tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 or GDPR. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to the Minds Nebula Ltd for any personal information we hold, you need to put the request in writing and send to the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
Retention And Right To Be Forgotten
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing [email protected]
We retain information for all active clients and site visitors until a request for deletion or anonymisation has been received subject to exceptions below:
- if there is an unresolved issue on the account (for example, unpaid invoice).
- for genuine business interests including fraud prevention.
- if we are required to by relevant laws
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email [email protected] as soon as possible.
As a member of the Partner Program, Minds Nebula always provide clients with full access to their Adwords account allowing complete transparency of costs and performance. For more details about this, please refer to Google’s Advertiser Guide: Working with a third-party partner.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 16 April 2018.
How to contact us
Minds Nebula Ltd, The Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax, HX1 5ER
Email: [email protected]